Catching synesthesia

Douglas Adams famously said that flying was as simple as "throwing yourself at the ground and missing". I'm hoping that catching synesthesia is at least as easy. From what I've read one can have a synesthetic experience in the moment before sleep, that time when your senses settle down, and just before they shut down. I'm trying to pay attention to those spaces. Like the instant after a loud, sharp sound, and before my brain says "crap, what was that?" It's in these gaps of consciousness I'm starting to observe little hints of abstracted experience. A sharp sound will pierce the air in front of my head like a shard, or a bird song will be hard bubbles popping around me.

Obviously I'm trying to avoid actually taking LSD which may turn out to be a short cut, but I'm going with the brain plasticity concept for now. I think I can, I know I can...

No comments:

Post a Comment