Synesthesia Envy

In my travels through the world of film and art I have met some astoundingly talented people who think with their hearts and touch you with their minds. Some of them are different from you and me. Their world is more vivid and wildly surreal than an ordinary one. From gender assigned body parts to literal Fantasia like orgasms, their unique experience of the world is because they have synesthesia.

According to my favourite neuroscientist David Eagleman, about 4% of people have synesthesia. It is harmless, it is not a disorder, it is probably heritable, and I want it.

In this blog I'm going to catalogue my meetings with synesthetes, my 'discoveries' of them and their reactions, and my efforts to 'gain' synesthesia.


A bit more info:
http://www.eaglemanlab.net/synesthesia



No comments:

Post a Comment